Students have trouble with grading the quality of their written work when asked to submit a lengthy and affluently written paper for the academia as per the mandate of their professors and teachers. That is why in this post we would like to share with you some important attributes and qualities that can upgrade the standard of your written work. So read along a find out how you can effectively raise the bar and standard of your compositions that can leave a lasting impact on your readers and evaluators of work as well as impress them on a multitude of levels:
Adapting To Your Audience
Every written work has a purpose and aim. This objective serves as the primary reason why you agree to write in the first place. As a student of higher education you need to identify yourself with the audience of your work. This will help you write in a more attractive manner that makes your work interesting for your readers. Try to understand their interests and why they are reading your work. This will enable you to cater their needs and requirements in a more expedient manner. Any form of written work that focuses on their selected audience is quite revitalizing and thus is able to receive better results which in this case translates for you as improved grades at this point.
You need to realize that introductions play a vital role in setting the tone of your work. They are the first thing your readers go through that concern the subject and the topic of the work covered by you. Hence you need to give considerable thought into how you should go about them. It has to be interesting and should be able to capture the attention of course evaluators and mentors. Introductions can be made more appealing you using some additional elements within them that can allure your audiences towards what it means and what messages does it withhold. These includes:
- Direct Quotations of a Famous Personality
- Stimulating Factual Information
- Unanswered Questions, Myths, or Unsolved Puzzles
Extensive Research Work
There is no doubt that as a higher education student you are required to submit papers that are written in the light of previous and current research conducted by various organizations and establishments concerning the area and focus of your work. Hence it should be considered an obligation by you to include an extensive research based on your subjects and topics within your writing. This may include numerous citations and references from authentic and credible sources to support your claims and understandings. However you must make sure that whatever research you include within your paper must be accurate and correct in its description. Furthermore these investigations must be directly relatable to the core essence and nature of your work. Irrelevant and unrelated research work is not going to create much of a difference as it will be pointless to include it within your paper. Including research within your written work transforms it quality standard and elevates it to the level of scholarly work. It also impresses your teachers and professors. Furthermore it creates substance within your paper. If you use research such as facts and scientific evidence to back up your claims and statements, then the readers and evaluators of your work have no choice but to agree with you. This empowers you to use an authoritative voice within your papers, which offers you an undeniable leverage to sway their opinions regarding the subject and topic of your work.
It is also important to understand that people are less agreeable to read lengthy material nowadays. Hence for someone like your teacher or professor to go through a dozen of pages and much more in a single setting is quite the daunting task. Some of the audience may get offended or feel hostile with just how lengthy your work is. That is why as a student it is your responsibility to make sure that all of your work is written in such a way that it is frictionless to read through, there is a natural flow about it, and it is reader friendly. Here are some tips that can help you sort out this concern:
- Use simple sentence structures to write your paper instead of using complex or complicated ones.
- Write shorter sentences that are no longer than 20 words each.
- Make use of simple vocabulary, remove all clichés and jargons, and avoid difficult to understand terminologies in your paper.
- Write smaller paragraphs that are no longer than 250 words each.
- Try to use active voice as much as you can throughout the majority of your paper and avoid passive voice as much as possible.
- Connect your sentences, ideas, and paragraphs using transition words.
- Utilize a systematic approach to write your papers, so that all of your ideas mentioned within your paper follow a sequence. This arrangement should not be disturbed.
- Make use of heading and bullet points whenever you can to make your work more reader friendly.
Proofread and Editing
It is quite obvious that at your level of study there is little room for mistakes. Higher education offers you no margin for errors. That is why you need to make sure that you papers are flawlessly written. We strongly suggest that you proofread and edit your work multiple times, at the least three times to make sure that they are completely perfect. This will allow you to remove all grammatical mistakes, spelling blunders, improper sentence structures, and missing punctuation marks. While you are proofreading it is also advisable that you cross-check your written work for plagiarism. There are several renowned software available online that can help you identify and detect plagiarism within your written work. Thought it can be purely unintentional nonetheless they can help you out a great deal to make your papers even more original and unique.
Your papers need to be written using an outline. This will serve as the roadmap for your readers and furthermore keep your compositions focused and relevant to the subject and theory of your work. A simple yet effective outline includes:
- Introduction: this needs to be written in a concise and precise manner. Only 15% of your total word count limit of the entire written task should be utilized to compose your introductions. Anything more would make them too long.
- The Main Body of Discussion: this is the lengthiest part of your entire task. It should be at the least be as long as 65% of your total word count limit for the entire written task. Make use of descriptive writing in this section, try to explain things and concepts as much as you, and deliver attention to detail.
- Conclusion: the final part of your written work where you mention the end result, the final decisions and opinions regarding the subject and topic of your work. However conclusions are also meant to be written in a concise and precise manner. They should be 20% of the total word count limit of your entire written task. Any longer and they will feel tiring for the readers and evaluators of your written work.
Academic written work is probably the most formal type of writing that you would deliver during your learning years. Hence it is strongly recommended that you conform and comply with all the rules and regulations followed within your varsity that dictate the terms regarding the presentation of written work. On a general note the following should be considered as necessary:
- Cover/Title Page with adequate information including your name, the name of the institute, the submission date, and the topic of your work.
- Page Numbers as well as Headers and Footers for all the pages of your document.
- A Table of Contents that is up to date and accurate in its numbering of pages corresponding to headings and subheadings within your paper.
- Usage of an approved referencing style and footnotes format.
- Making sure that strict system is followed regarding line spacing between sentences, headings, and paragraphs.
- Single style of acceptable font and its size.
- Paragraph indentations and overall text alignments should remain the same throughout the paper.
- Create a separate Bibliography section at the end of your document which correctly includes all of your citations and references used within the document.
- Place a caption for all non-written and visual elements of your work including tables, graphs, pie-charts, Venn diagrams, etc.
We hope that this post was able to offer you some great insights as to how you should go about creating a magnificent paper for the academia. However if you are a nursing student who is currently facing concerns with their academic written work, then do not worry. Since there are reliable and dependable nursing essay writing facilities available that can provide you with professional and specialized assistance for your subjects and topic. Qualified and experienced writers will offer you 100% original and proofread work on time at affordable charges to help you accomplish academic success.